Advertising

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

WALA WALAU!

So Ric thought it’d be a good idea if I came down to Wala Wala at Holland V to check out a girl singer whom he had described as “adorable” and blessed with a “great voice”.
And so… I did (and was joined by Ric, Ian & HYR) and there was a young group called Hush performing – 2 girls and 2 boys. One of the girls was Kewei whom Ric had raved about.
And indeed, Kewei is a sweet girl with a voice to match. Unfortunately, many of the songs, which she sang, did not seem to suit her voice e.g. Modern pop music from John Mayer, Maroon 5 et al. But she had style, stage presence and a bubbly personality that carried her over those obstacles well. With the right song(s), who knows, what Kewei might achieve? And maybe I’m the songwriter to deliver precisely that…
And Kewei was generous enough to invite HYR and I on stage to sing a couple of songs and we obliged with Never Liked the Beatles and My One and Only (of course!). This was the very 1st time I’ve ever played with HYR and he is a guitar hero in my book. Wow, the man is sooo talented. Really have to do more with HYR!
The crowd response was great (as in Timbre last time) and it greatly humbled me. After all, I am an ‘amateur’ compared to everyone else but maybe it is time to turn pro… The support and encouragement from everyone I’ve met on this renewed endeavour has been tremendous. I know I’m on the right track.
As for Kewei, still there’s more… check her out at these links.
www.myspace.com/taykewei
www.projectdiy.net

No comments: