Advertising

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

BLOGGED 2 DETH

This is actually my third blog – the previous ones limped to a sad conclusion – and yet, every time I start a new blog I suffer from delusions of grandeur that y’know this blog will be a success and generate more than 20,000 hits a day!

But since there are no naked pix or controversial political discussions or other provocative content here – chances of that happening are slim.

So I wonder what’s the point? Check out the statcounter and you’ll be aware that hardly anyone visits this blog… but … ultimately it’s about the pleasure of self-expression and the ability to publish your opinions for (potentially) the world to read.

Thus, I will plod on with my musical experiences here whilst over at Power of Pop Blog, I will endeavor to highlight the wider world of pop culture and Power of Pop will continue to deliver reviews of music sent to me by bands, labels, publicists etc worldwide.

My daytime job is pretty boring (and time consuming) but it puts food on the table. So the weekend is all I am left with to soak in the live music that is currently available in Singapore.

The Long and Winding Road was intended to be about my journey but as things are shaping up, nothing much is happening on that front (at the moment) so the focus will have to be expanded to Singapore music. A topic I’ve neglected for a while now.

So, if you are a Singapore or Malaysian band or gig organizer, send me a CD or some information and I will try to plug your music and gigs the best I can.

I may also be open to conducting interviews depending on whether I am arsed about your music or not. Drop me an email.

What are you waiting for?

No comments: