Advertising

Monday, November 12, 2007

COUNTRY ROAD, TAKE ME HOME

Have I become the “go to” guy when it comes to tribute shows involving classic rock bands? Well, thus far, I’ve performed at tribute shows to the late John Lennon and Pink Floyd and this Thursday, 15 November 2007, I will be at Home Club (again) to pay tribute to the Rolling Stones!
Which is all well and good, cos basically, the Stones are one of the most influential rock bands of all time and also, one of my favorites. Therefore, it will be an absolute pleasure to cover such wonderful material.
But much more than that, I intend to sneak into the show, my own personal tribute to a close associate of the Stones and a critical influence on their own work – Gram Parsons.
Yes, boys and girls, expect me to focus on good old Americana, which sadly gets very little attention in the Singapore Music Scene and hopefully, I will be able to collect some country music converts along the way.
So please don’t let that turn you off from coming down to the Home Club this Thursday, and if (and when) you do, please come up and say hi… I would very much like to meet and chat with you…

No comments: