Advertising

Monday, December 10, 2007

FEELIN' GROOVY

Sunday had started well enough at 4am with that GSE gig at ZoukOut but with the onset of heavy weather and an unfortunate accident - I slipped at the entrance of my condo and fell unceremoniously on my arse - I was having my doubts.
So when the Groovy People (Adam, Benita & James) and I arrived at the Hacienda for the charity gig, our spirits were certainly dampened by the torrential rain. But in my heart, I chose to ignore the circumstances and had faith that the LORD had a purpose for our being there.
As it was, we took to the stage an hour later than scheduled and so delivered a truncated set - My One & Only, Beautiful & Gum. Minor hiccups with the 1st two songs but I could tell that, especially with Gum, we went down well with the predominantly caucasion audience.
But kudos to the Groovy People, who put in a short & sharp performance - tight & edgy - it went so natural and so right. Being in front and in control - so to speak - was an entirely different experience from playing with GSE.
Don't get me wrong. As much as that thrilled me, there is nothing quite like hearing your songs coming together into a thing of beauty!
If anyone reading this was at Hacienda yesterday evening, I want to apologize for the brevity of our set and promise two 45 minute sets this Saturday at the Esplanade, Stage @ Powerhouse if you want more of the Groovy People...
Thanks so much to Shazz, Matt and Miles - really hope that we can work together again!

... and there's more...

No comments: