Advertising

Sunday, December 09, 2007

HIGH AS A KITE

I had a few concerns about how performing at ZoukOut would turn out.
I mean, 4am? Wasn't sure whether I'd be up (or down) for that.
Also, would I remember the words, would I look awkward during the moments I was not singing?
Especially, how would I look with my grey hair...?
:)


Glad to report that all the doubts melted away the moment we launched into Dance With Me and the best gig I've done since New York in April got underway.


The energy levels were overwhelming. On stage, we had Fandy(!), Ngak, Haffiz, Famie, Mojo and myself singing, dancing and generally getting crazy as the sizable crowd fed off and reciprocated the passion.
I sang lead vocals for The Great Decay and Late Night Request and I could see that the audience was really into the songs and the performance. So it came so effortlessly to sing and put my heart into every line.

And even when I was not singing, it was just being electric being on stage - doing the backing vox, jumping like an idiot or simply soaking in the atmosphere.
The instrumental sections sounded so powerful from stage - Fandy, Mag, Khai, Song and Matt simply clicked and the sheer intensity was like a bullet train speeding through the Siloso Beach!
It was fun to see all those happy faces smiling, singing along and wincing in pleasure, fists punching the early morning air, hands clapping. pogoing, swaying, shaking... you name it, they did it!
After it was all over, I knew that in my heart I would never ever forget last night/this morning - an inspiring event on par with Central Park for Singapore Day.

... I want MORE!!!

Thanks to the Great Spy Experiment, truly the hottest band in Singapore now, the Pinholes - the people's band - to Ngak, a true rock star in every sense of the word and of course the awesome fans, for making Zoukout 2007 a memorable occasion for me.

Unforgettable!
Thanks to FreakyFir for the pix!

2 comments:

freakyfir said...

kevin the photos can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9340&l=70a9f&id=516304654

you were awesome. late night was fantastic.

fictionaire said...

Awesome.. Glad it went well.. Looking good in that jumpsuit! :)

This was one gig I would have loved to watch.. Haha..