Advertising

Saturday, June 25, 2011

S-ROCK @ SXSW 2012


Ever since I read about the Taiwanese government sponsoring TEN indie bands to SXSW 2010, I have been fantasizing about bringing a delegation of S-ROCK bands to Austin in 2012. Of course, I do not include myself in the list of the 10 bands but I'd be the one to lead the delegation! (Hey it's MY dream, so sue me) It's pure fantasy as I do not believe that this will happen anytime soon but just for fun, here's my dream list of S-ROCK bands, I'd like to bring there... (btw this is my personal opinion so keep your nasty comments to yourself)

CHEATING SONS

IN EACH HAND A CUTLASS

TYPEWRITER

LUNARIN

KING KONG JANE

BASEMENT IN MY LOFT

ETC

I AM DAVID SPARKLE

THE GREAT SPY EXPERIMENT

THE OBSERVATORY

Would be an absolute blast, I believe! 

2 comments:

Senia said...

Hey, I don't know if you still check this, but I'm visiting Singapore again next year and was wondering about the type of scene going on there. Any pointers would be appreciated.
p.s. I'm from Austin, Texas.

[s: alt] said...

Hi there
Sorry but yes S-ROCK has been a little quiet. You might wanna check out www.powerofpop.com for more updated info about Singapore's indie music scene. Thanks, Kev